Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

As I was getting ready for school this morning I was thinking how this will be my first Thanksgiving without any of my family. It's interesting to me that were all spending the holiday with other loved ones this year. I feel very fortunate though that Matt's family has graciously offered to have me over to spend the day with them. They are a sweet family and I enjoy thier company very much. I've had many awkward boyfriend family encounters, I can't even begin to tell stories. But I've spent a lot of time with Matt's family and even though different then my own they make me feel right at home.

I willl be happy to spend christmas with my family though and my sweet nephew Campers who I'm sure will make it an exciting one. Last night I went to my parents house and he walked upstairs with me to do something and crawled right up in my lap. I like to think he knows who I am and that I love him very much. We enjoyed a few moments of saying, ball, popz, button, doggie, mama, and li-li. I'm still working on the aunt li-li thing, maybe it will catch on but who knows. After he got out of his bath he ran out and gave me a big hug and kiss night night. It was precious and I cherish these times right now when I can still pick him up and have him sit in my laugh. I think this age where he is right now is my favorite.

And I can't wait to meet my new nephew in Jan! Even ithough he lives in LA I'll still love him with all my heart just like I do with Paige!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment