Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No, No I won't go!

 I've had an extremly busy summer considering I didn't work at all this summer which is the first time I haven't worked since I was like 13! 

Last week my brother and niece paige came to visit and meet baby Ellis.  I don't know why I call her baby Ellis but now whenever I'm around her that's what I call her.  Maybe it's because Campbell calls her his baby.  We had lots of fun all playing together and spending some good family time :)

I can't believe that two weeks from Friday I'll be returning back to school for another full year of teaching!  The anxiety has already set in along with the sleepless nights.  The images of choir concerts, lesson planning, field trips and so much more have got my mind racing each night.  Most people aka my mom, would say all you can do is take one day at a time.  Well when you're a teacher then that's not possible.  There is always something to do and always something more to be added on to.  I should count my blessings though that I work in a school where there are two music teachers for we really do a great job of helping each other out. 

I'm grateful for another year of teaching and I have a feeling it's going to be a busy one at that!  This will be my 4th full year of teaching.  Before I blink again 10 years will have passed and I'll hopefully be a pro by then!

Here's to two more weeks of sleeping until 9, eating cereal on my couch in my pajamas until 10, working out at my leisure and being able to help out with Camp and Ellis.  I know Matt is greatful for my time off as well because I'm not near as tired or grumpy when we eat dinner together during the week.  Which reminds me, Matt became an Uncle last week for the first time and he's so excited!  He really is great with kids and it's fun watching him with Campbell.  I know he will be the best uncle Matt around!

Here's to hoping the school nightmares stop and I can enjoy my last two weeks of freedom!

2 comments:

  1. I am also sad for you to go back! I don't know what I would do without you and Mom! Enjoy your last couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, don't let your future steal from your present. Its been such a fun summer and its not over yet!!!

    ReplyDelete