Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good ol Sylivia

No that my life was just FULL of hand me downs, but I did get quite a few items from my sister as the years went along and I was always THRILLED to get them from her.....because lets be real, I always thought Emily was the coolest.

Anyway, when I first started learning how to drive, my mom and dad were too terrified to get in the car with me to practice, so who did they put in the car with me, yup Emily.  When I turned 16, my dad bought Emily a new/used 4-runner that JM still drives to this day.  I then in return got her Jeep Grand Cherokee which she had named, Grandbean.  Anyway, I thought it was the coolest car and was just so excited to even have a car of my own it could have been called snot rocket, I still would have driven it.  Well I drove that Green Jeep Grand Cherokee all through highschool and it had so MANY problems but it was still awesome.

Well the week after my 18th birthday, I"ll never forget this......

My sister throws open my bedroom door at like 10 in the morning and angrily says "mom and dad need you in the garage."  haha I'm laughing as I type this, sorry Em!

So I pull myself out of bed in my pj's walk out to the garage and there sitting in our driveway is a BRAND NEW Silver Toyota 4-runner.  I'll never forget that moment, I was torn between being excited and sad (never had the chance to say goodbye to grandbean.)

Well that wonderful present was given to me 9 years ago this coming May and it has been a great car. 

I looked down at the dashboard last week and was able to capture this picture.....


That's right, good ol Sylvia officially has more then 100,000 miles on it.  Here's hoping to 100,000 more!

2 comments:

  1. Act like that, who me?? And I think JM's odometer just hit 160,00 or maybe even higher, so it's looking good for you and 100,000 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, flattered you thought I was cool...you were probably the only one, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete