Friday, March 25, 2011

Goodbye/Hello

So I have lived in the same Village apartments for almost 4 years now, which is hard to believe.  A couple of weekends ago Matt and I went and put down a deposit on our new "home."  It too is in the village.

They're called Westside and they're still fairly new.  It's a much smaller complex then the others and it's nice and quiet.  Were really excited about it.  We will have a small one bedroom, so our first year or so of marraige is really going to be put to the test living in such small quarters, but that's ok!

Things I won't miss about my old apt:
-the fear of waking up with water in my bed during a thunderstorm.  When I first moved in to the one where I live now, they patched about 5 leaks, 2 in my bedroom and 3 in the living/dining room area.
-how my bedroom door will mysteriously shut itself every time I walk in and out of there.  Pretty sure a ghost must live with me, because it will just slowly close shut all the way.
-the very thin walls, you can't hardly hang anything on them, they will crumble.
-the ghetto sliding glass doors with the flap blinds over there, I HATE THOSE THINGS!
-no ice maker.  Having guests over and then realizing I have no ice for glasses really sucked.

*I will miss my old place for it was mine.  I moved in all by myself, I bought what I needed, I put a roof over my head.  It's very rewarding even though I'm not a house owner yet, to know that I can supply myself with things that I need.  And for that I'm truly grateful.

Now on to our new place!
-FRENCH DOORS! (even though only one door opens they look so much nicer) 
-Nice fixtures in the bathroom
-a linen closet IN THE BATHROOM! yup my old place my linens were stored under my bed in a plastic container.
-BIG walk in closet.  Luckily even though our place will be small we do have a nice sized closet which I know will be quickly filled because this kid has more shoes then I do.
-ICE MAKER!  it really is the small things in life that make me happy!  I will no longer have to fill those stupid ice treys!
-a microwave that comes with the apt and is above the stove!  It will no longer take up half my kitchen
-Full size washer and dryer, no longer will I have to actually dive in to my washer to pull clothes out....stackables were so tiny.
-and finally and cheesily (not a word I know) Matt :)  Our new place will have both of us there, every night I know that he or I won't have to make the trek down 635 to go back to our own homes.  We will finally be in one spot together.  And for that I really am excited about!

So forward march to June!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I never knew your door closed on its own or you didn't have an ice machine. See, your mom still doesn't know everything about you. Anyway, both Matt's mom and your mom will be happy when you no longer travel 635 daily. And one day in the future you will look back on your first small apartment together with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete