Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tomato, Tohmahto?

Obviously that's not how you spell Tomato but I was referring to the song with that particular line. Growing up with a mother who calls a washing machine a warshing machine I don't usually think i'm prounouncing things wrong but i got put in my place the other day by another teacher. I asked her children to bring their crayons (me pronouncing them crowns) to music class and she laughed and told me it was Crayolas. I never thought I was saying the world incorrectly and to be honest with you I like my version much better but have been pronouncing them crayons ever since which just sounds silly to me! I wonder what else I say that's weird.....makes you really listen to yourself speak. I knew I'd really like Matt when he pronounced always, aways like I do......funny quirk.

In other news, I went to the gym yesterday and ran my booty patooty off! It felt incredible and I can't wait to do it again. I'm honestly going to look in to seeing how much the personal trainers are just to lean down, no bulking up here. But I guess we will see. I walked a 17 minute mile which is slow I know but it was on a 5.0 incline! lets just say no one wanted to be on the treadmill next to me because of my sweat puddles but I don't care! It feels good knowing you're doing something about a situtation you've put yourself in. As much criticism I've taken from family about my current weight I can now proudly say, I'm working on it ;) Just knowing my heart is thanking me for it is enough for me! I even wore pants to work today and am feeling good. Can't wait to see those numbers drop! I thought yesterday, this is my body, why wouldn't i want to take care of it? It's amazing to me how you can just go on auto pilot and not think about certain consequences!

Tomorrow is Friday and I couldn't be more excited about it! Two weeks of freedom from children will be glorious, and Campbell doesn't count because I could be with him all day every day and be ok with it! We went walking on monday which was incredibly difficult with Taylor pulling and sophie being dragged and pushing campers, I now understand why my sister is so incredibly tiny because it's a great work out! My shins hurt the next day! But it was funny because I decided to jog a little just to see if I could and Campbell laughed and giggled and kept saying GO!! It was fun!

Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Honest and funny post, Lindsey. Even got a little jab in there at Mommy Dearest. And by the way, Crayolas are a brand. Crayon is the object. Does that make sense??

    Love that you made Campers feel happy and you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break sweet Lindsey! Glad you had a great workout, you are right, it really does improve your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yes, Mommy Dearest!! I am proud of you, and any time you want to borrow Camp and the dogs, just say the word!! Next week should be nice if you want to join us for some walks.

    ReplyDelete