Monday, January 3, 2011

Couch to 5k

Over the break one of our usher's asked Matt if he would like to race him in a the 5k dash on St. Patty's day down by my apt.  Matt and I have talked about picking up a healthy habit to do together and this gave us a perfect reason to start!  There is a website called couchto5k.com it is a 9 week program teaching you how to build up your endurance to learn how to run a 5k.  Matt and I have finished week 1 which wasn't horrible.  I of course am a little slow but I did run when I was supposed to for as long as I was supposed to.  I heard about this program through my friend lyndsay who said I was helping motivate HER with my blog posts about my toning up which I thought was really neat.  She said she did it and lost 15 pounds doing it (even though she was already little )  So Matt and I are starting week 2 which is 1.30 mins of running alternating between 1 minute of walking, so we will see how we do!  I will try and track my progress each week, I just want to say I accomplished something I haven't EVER been able to do.  I've never run a 5k so I'm pushing myself to do this for me.  We will see!!!  The winner between Matt and Justin has to pay for a nice steak dinner so I'm hoping Matt wins!

1 comment:

  1. You've walked one at the Turkey Trot, so I know you will have no problem running one!

    ReplyDelete