Monday, October 26, 2009

A new week

This weekend was a busy one but overall a good one. Sunday, Matt and I went with some friends to the new Village church that opened here in Dallas. It was an interesting experience to say the least. I haven't fully decided if I'm really just a big traditional girl at heart or I'm not opening my eyes towards new things. The music there was awesome, but the sermon felt impersonal for we watched the preacher on a big screen. He also preached about women being submissive and I wasn't too thrilled with how he portrayed it all. Sometimes I wonder if I allow my hot head to not let my heart fully hear the Lords word, but something about the way he spoke yesterday did not agree with me. Matt kind of felt the same way, and we may go back and try it again but we shall see. I do know that we will be attending PCBC again for the holiday season because I can't miss the beautiful music in the traditional service! Music to me is my worship, and if that's tacky I apologize, but it's where I hear God the most. The thing I did like about the village was all the young single adults that were there. They were all so friendly and around our age. I guess we will see where the Lord leads me in my church quest.

Friday night we went with our same couple friends to see Jim Gaffigan perform at the Majestic downtown. He's a really funny comedian and I'm glad I got to go. He was real clean but oh so hilarious! We had a good time.

Now on to a busy week, can I just say I'm tired of doing Halloween songs?! I'm ready to move on to Super Turkey, and other Christmas music. I can't beleive the holiday season is approaching us, but I can't say that I'm not looking forward to it either!

And for those of you who want to come see my darling choir kids sing at Northpark it's on Dec 10th sometime in the morning. I'll send an email when I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment