Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's snowing!

It's beautiful outside today so I have all my windows (6) blinds pulled up so I can watch the snow fall while I teach today.  I'm hoping that we will get to leave right after school today because I hear it's only supposed to get worse.  Tomorrow we have staff development and I'm wishfully hoping that it gets canceled and I can just sleep in.  I'm getting a cold and starting to lose my voice so I'd really love an extra day of rest. 

I had a kindergartner throw up in my classroom yesterday and no he did not make it to the trashcan.  Then all the other children started gagging and I felt like I was in the episode of the office where Pam has morning sickeness and throws up in a trashcan then everyone else starts throwing up everywhere!!  Sounds gross but one of the best opening scenes to that show!  So funny.  Needless to say the little boy finally walked down to the nurse and I distracted the children from the gross signt in the back by reading a Valentine's book :)  All in a days work!

Today is a busy day of teaching which is good because it makes the day go by quickly!  And I know all the children are having their Valentine's day parties today so it's going to be a crazy one as well! 

Matt and I aren't doing anything exciting for Valentine's day which is fine by me.  I've been wanting to see the movie Valentine's day ever since they started showing previews for it back in December so I think were going to go see that.

And in other good news I've officially lost an inch off my waist and other areas so that makes me happy.  It's been hard but I gotta keep going :) 

Happy Valentine's day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are so hilarious, Lindsey. I wish I could have been a non-smelling fly on the wall when all that was taking place in your classroom. Never a dull moment for a teacher, is there? On the "home" front, such good news; keep up that hard work. I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete