Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's weekend

I'd say this weekend was a pretty successful one.  I loved having the snow and while it was pretty I wasn't too sad to see it melt away since it caused so much destruction to trees everywhere around Dallas.  The village looked like it had a tornado go through it with all the branches down.  But I did enjoy my snow day and am even happier that we won't have to make it up since it was already a student Holiday and our staff development, so yay!

Thursday was the kids Valentine's day parties and I got lots of hugs and a few goodies from my adoring fans.  As a specials teacher I always think I'm extra special if a child brings me a gift since they don't see me on such a regular basis.  Here are a few goodies below that I received, and that doesn't cound the endless hugs and I love you's I got as well :)



On Saturday I got to visit witth my mom and play with Campbell who was very entertaining!  I think he played the piano for a good 20 minutes while I was there.  Maybe he'll be the next Rachmaninoff!  Then later that evening, Matt came and picked me up for our date evening which he suprised me with flowers and dinner and a movie.  It was fun since we don't go see a lot of movies because they're kind of expensive.  We saw Valentine's day which was cute but a litte long :)

My Valentine this year :)


All in all it was a great weekend and now it's back to another busy week!

1 comment:

  1. That was a very nice treat from Matt! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete