Thursday, January 21, 2010

Then sings my soul

I don't always like to unload my feelings and what not on here or on anyone else but I feel the need to do it this once.  With my 3 1/2 years of teaching I have never gone home and cried about the days events.  Well yesterday I did.  I don't know if' it's because I'm tired or if the children really are just as mean as they seem to be but I lost it.  I have never been yelled at, talked back to, cursed at, or laughed at as much as I have this year of teaching.  I love my job and I love teaching what I teach, but this year has posted some obstacles I haven't had in the past years.  As a teacher I'm learning you can't take everything so personally and while I usually don't it wears on me that some of my students are so cruel and uncaring to not just teachers but to people in general.  I feel very torn with feelings of sadness to anger on how to react with certain circumstances I've dealt with this year.  I'm a person too, I have feelings.  Maybe I love and care too much I don't know, but it saddens my heart to see such young children go down such a rocky road.

Matt and I went to a bible study at church last night and even though I could barely keep my eyes open, due to my fatigue of the days events, it was comforting to hear that we have such an All mighty Lord.  I know I have to show my love for him through these children and that there will be some people I can't reach but that doesn't mean I won't try.  I live a great and blessed life and I'm richer then any person with lots of money. 

I leave you with one of my most favorite hymns.  It's the last verse and the chorus and everytime I sing it, it makes me want to fall on my knees and cry.  Some days you just need to be humbled right?

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,

And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"



Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsey, that's beautiful. I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Despite the circumstances, you are making an impact on those children. And they need you!!

    ReplyDelete