Friday, January 8, 2010

Vegetables? Gross...

I've never been a fan of veggies and even as I've grown up as my mother would say, I still dislike a lot of them. Certain textures of food can really creep me out. Well the number one thing with weight watchers is most fruit and all vegetables are 0 points so you're supposed to eat more of those then anything else. Well I found an alternative. V8 fruit and vegetable juice. Yup, you heard right. NOt only is the banana strawberry my favorite but you're literally getting your fruit and vegetable requirements for the entire day! I drink it first thing in the morning as I'm getting ready. I can already notice a difference in my skin as well. I've also started taking a multivitamin and vitamin C. I haven't taken vitamins in a long time.

Random tidbit for ya!

Went to the gym this week even though it was miserable getting out in the weather. I've decided to up my cardio to an hour a day. It's the fastest way to lose weight and if I can do that I'm pretty sure I can do anything. I switch between the treadmill where I walk quickly on an incline to the eliptical which works my arms as well. Soon I'm hoping to up my difficulty level on both.

I watched the Biggest Loser from this week and they have the biggest person ever who I think weighed in at 546 pounds and he's only 30 years old!!! Of course I bawl my eyes out everytime I watch that show just thinking of all the pain and heartache they've gone through and even though I'm not that big I can relate in some way. We all had those beautiful bodies at one time and then one day you wake up 50 pounds or 400 pounds heavier and wonder who you are anymore. But how amazing to watch these people go from 400 to 200! That is just so much motivation for me. I think 30 pounds is a lot but 100 would be a lot worse and they did it so I'm pretty sure I can do 30!!

The first 5 have come off which is nice, so we will see how the next month treats me. I only weigh myself at the gym because having a scale at my home is like having a bag of pooh lying around. I don't like it. I want to be able to work out and then get on that scale and see where I am for the day. It also helps motivate me to get to the gym to see those pounds fall :)

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, nobody likes a big bag of poo! Betsy used to drink those V8's all the time, I might have to try them. I'm with you on the biggest loser, I was a mess on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, you are almost too descriptive! Love all your hard work though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup No poo wanted here! And Emily they're really good you should try them I could down an entire bottle but they're like 50 calories a glass I think because fruit does have sugar in them!

    ReplyDelete