Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh the Joys

Oh the joys of being a music teacher in May.  With 4 programs on my to do list, a trip to Sandy lake, the Opera (which I'm really looking forward to) Buddy Fun day celebration on my birthday and a wedding to throw in the mix in Oklahoma!  I can't tell you how stressed and exhasusted I've been the past two weeks and now these next three are going to be about the same!  I've hardly had time to clean, and do laundry and go to the grocery store.  I guess maybe that's a tease of mommyhood someday I don't know, but I'm looking forward to June 4th!  I will have two weeks off before I start my SMU orff Level I class.  I'm looking forward to the class but not the hours, 8-5 every day and it comes with homework, but it will be fun to learn in a classroom again! 

I've lost 2 pounds this week which feels excellent.  I still have a long journey in front of me and as I get discouraged I remind myself of the outcome.  It's not going to all happen at once but it's going to happen :)  Last night I made 8 point taco salad in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  It was good.  I had 90/10 ground beef, low fat sour cream, ice berg lettuce, weight watchers cheese, and baked tostatoe chips.  It was yummy!  And I even had a point left over for the day.  No the points don't roll over you can't save them but I just like thinking that I do so well with my points system that I have some left over!

Looking forward to the weekend even though Friday I have to be up at Richardson highschool at 730 to watch 3 of my 5th grade girls audition for All District Elementary choir......lets just say Saturday is MY DAY!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment