Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meet the Teacher

So tonight is meet the teacher night at our school, meaning I'll probably sit in my room till 630 with a few friends bringing their parents down but not many.

I work in a very spanish speaking school, so I've thought about learning a little more spanish. I have an all spanish speaking Kindergarten class and while they are just absolutely adorable they don't always understand me so when disciplining it's a little frustrating. I have a friend who used Spanish in your car while she drove around so she's going to let me borrow that, so we'll see if my spanish gets any better!!

As of right now I know how to say, No running, please sing, bathroom, walking feet and their names, oh and bubble in your mouth please! While it's good for them to learn English as well I'd feel better about teaching them if they understood me a little bit!

Busy day today! Then get to meet a gf for dinner. My social has never been so full as it was this week. Usually during the school year I like to lay low on school nights but I've enjoyed being out and about spending time with good friends :)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for all the mistakes in this blog, I wrote it in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love meet the teacher :). If you learn Spanish, could you please teach C for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it was a good evening and you were able to communicate with the parents!

    ReplyDelete